Absentee Ballot Information
Due to recommended COVID -19 safety measures, voters should consider casting an Absentee Ballot for the 11/03/20 General Election.
- Absentee ballots may be requested without reason until Thursday, October 29th.**
- Absentee ballots may be voted in person without reason until Friday, October 30th at 5:00PM.
- Voted Absentee Ballots must be returned to the Town Office by 8:00PM on Election Day to be counted.
- Voters may use the SECURE external drop box located at the Town Office to deposit their ballots at any time, day or night. The box is emptied daily and monitored - so voters may be guaranteed their envelope is received by the Town Clerk.
- Please Note: If you chose to use the drop box you do not need to add postage stamps
- Certain days have been designated as in-person absentee voting but voters may vote any day the office is open
Absentee ballots may be requested by the following methods:
- To request an absentee ballot using the State's online service, please click here (Please note: the deadline to request ballots using this service is 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 29, 2020)
- Call the Orono Town Office at 866-2556 to have an absentee ballot application mailed to you
- Download and print/fill out this form here and mail it to the Town Office, 59 Main Street, Orono ME 04473, or drop in the mailbox outside the Town Office
- Visit the Town Clerk’s office in-person during a scheduled appointment. Click here to book your appointment
** Except for incapacitation/illness /or unexpected absence sworn under oath and signed affidavit.
Please do not delay – get your absentee ballots today! Please allow 7-10 days for processing if using the mail. Absentee ballots will be released 30 days (October 5) in advance of the Election Day. Absentee ballots must be received at the Clerk’s Office NO LATER THAN 8:00 PM ON ELECTION NIGHT (November 3rd) to be processed.